in Bahrain - Bahrain
Experience: 10 - 15
Education:Basic - Any Graduation, Bachelor of Business Administration(Management)
Nationality: Any European National, Any Arabic National, Indian, Filipino
Industry Type: Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area:Secretary / Front Office / Personal Assistant (PA) Nov 27, 2017
The Project Secretary is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective, efficient manner and allowing executive decision makers to be efficient by providing those supporting services that will save time and provide organization of the work. Much of the work of a Project Secretary is routine, but often highly important. Sorting of mails often respond to the letters that are of a routine nature. Maintains schedule of appointments and office efficiency by ordering supplies and being prepared for rush jobs. Typing of financial report, various kinds of contracts and proposals. Meets and welcomes guest of the company, and handling all types of project mails and other correspondences in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Reports to: Department Manager
Responsible for: Office Assistant & Office Boy
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prescribes duties to and monitors work of clerical office personnel if so directed by the appropriate manager.
• Performs word processing functions, creates documents and creates reports using all production components of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Control the project documents as per the company IMS procedures and Project Control processes
• Ensure the safe keeping and maintenance of project, legal, insurance, and reference documents till retention period or as stated by client.
• Ensure the traceability and easy access to project documents and records to authorized personnel from project management team.
• Provided project team with current issues of project drawings, scope and other related documents and collect back the obsolete documents (if any).
• Coordinate with Project Manager and Project Execution Team for day to day documentations.
• Coordinate Document Control KPI’s with all the designated project team members as explained under ‘document control’ clause of this procedure.
• Assists in developing and maintaining a good communication system between administrative staff and Head Office.
• Opens, organizes duplicates, distributes and files mail.
• Handles telephone for immediate manager, both incoming and outgoing, screens, refers and/or follows through with appropriate action.
• Attends meetings, work sessions, hearing, etc. as assigned.
• Handles contracts approved by the Management.
• Sets up and maintains a regular filing system as well as a set of locked confidential files and process incoming correspondence.
• Maintains effective working relationship with other employees and company customers.
• Orders and maintains office supplies as needed.
• Computes data from listings, reports, or other records; etc. from coy or rough draft.
• Takes and transcribes dictation of various types, including correspondence, reports, etc. and /or composes correspondence independently.
• Maintains a schedule of appointments and makes arrangements for the immediate manager.
• Performs any book keeping and other job related tasks associated with the specific position.
• Welcomes visitors and arranges for their comfort.
• Relieves the administrators of clerical details and operational and administrative matters.
• Performs public relations functions with department heads, officials, personnel and visitors.
• Coordinates meetings, conferences and appointments.
• Takes and transcribes minutes of meetings.
• Maintains official records.
• Cross trains co-workers in job related responsibilities.
OTHER TASKS AS ASSIGNED
Responsibilities include other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an urgent work situation.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of immediate superior or management personnel.
UPON ENTRY TO THIS POSITION, AN EMPLOYEE NEEDS THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES IN ORDER TO PERFORM THE JOB FUNCTIONS IN A SATISFACTORY MANNER.
Desired Candidate Profile
Bachelor’s Degree. Education or training in human resource management is preferred. At least 10 years experience in a professional organization; private or public sector; experience desirable;
Must have at least ten (10) overall experiences in business management, finance and administration, with a minimum of five (5) years secretarial experience.
(Be specific as to the amount and type of software and/or hardware knowledge required and the proficiency level of skills required, i.e., basic, intermediate, or advanced)
• Must have a working knowledge of information systems and their functionality within a large multi-function, multi-location organisation. Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheet, database and work processing software as well as electronic mail and the internet.
• Skilled at using software packages (including WORD, EXCELL, PowerPoint) for financial analysis and presentation. Experience with financial databases preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES:
Must demonstrate the following skills:
• Must demonstrate strong skills in the following areas; written and verbal communication, proof-reading, organization, dependability, flexibility, attention to details, typing and management of systems.
• Excellent relational skills are essential, including the ability to relate professionally and must be able to work well independently and cooperatively, and to use discretion when handling confidential information.
• Should be able to prioritize tasks and responsibilities well and work efficiently.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently is essential.
• Willingness and enthusiasm for working with multidisciplinary team
• Bookkeeping skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Good Computer Skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel and preferable Adobe Creative Suite
• Stress management skills
• Time management skills
• Self correspondence and organizational skills
• Excellent team player, with strong client and results orientation, ability to work in multicultural environment but also independently and with minimum supervision;
• Excellent written and verbal Arabic & English language communication skills.
The Secretary may be required to work long hours during urgent work situation.
Keyword: Project Secretary, Secretarial, Personal Assistant, Administration, Secretary, Reception