in Bahrain - Bahrain
Experience: 20 - 28
Education:Basic - Bachelor of Technology/Engineering(Civil, Mechanical)
Nationality: Any European National, Any Arabic National, Indian, Filipino
Industry Type: Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area:Engineering Nov 27, 2017
The Construction Manager is primarily responsible for establishing and managing the site construction management organization. In this capacity, the position provides leadership in the performance of all activities related to the execution of construction work including contract administration, quality control, planning and cost control, materials management, office management, labor relations, security, safety, and accident prevention.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities include:
• The organization and direction of construction and all jobsite activities including subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and client nominated representatives.
• Establish and implement construction schedules, methods, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
• Control all jobsite expenditures for labor equipment, material and services and ensure that field operations are within the budget.
• Ensure project schedule and milestones are achieved.
• Plan and establish procedures in order to ensure that all construction and operations meet engineering designs and specifications as well as ensure that corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented.
• Maintain client relationships and participate in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
• Supervise & manage activities and report discrepancies to the Senior Project Manager.
• Provides management support, expert advice and develops solutions for issues faced by the departments in carrying out their role. Ensures that the organization functions within the applicable laws, regulations and approved industy practices.
• Required to perform analysis on engineering aspects, project status, financial health and administration management; interpret the information and reports, recommend and carry out approved changes in operation.
• Develops, modifies, implements and ensures the operation of systems, policies and procedures within the organization for smooth operations.
• Responsible for the identification, mobilization, placement, evaluation and appraisal of project teams; and termination of employment contracts between project team members and the company. Identifies Senior Project Manager for new/additional projects secured by the company.
• Responsible to achieve set targets in relation to Invoicing, Collection, and Performance & Productivity. Ensures that the cost budgets for each project is prepared and controlled strictly within acceptable parameters.
• Provides feedback to the sales team in relation to project estimates/price with data of actual quantities, material, supply, services and costs and pinpoints weaknesses in pricing and contract issues.
• Submit a project budget to OCM together with the project plan for time completion.
• Accompanied with the resources as required (material, labor, equipment, subcontractors) within One Month from contract award.
• Follow up submittal approval of drawings & Material with client and consultant.
• Raise invoices at 7th of the following month for all projects and follow up collection.
OTHER TASKS AS ASSIGNED
Responsibilities include other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an urgent work situation.
Desired Candidate Profile
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferable in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
LICENSE(S) AND/OR CERTIFICATION(S) REQUIRED:
• At least 20 years of experience in construction projects with at least 10 years experience as Construction Manager on large (over $500m) EPCM projects.
• Possess leadership qualities, have the ability to work in a team environment and are capable of providing solutions to work related challenges.
• Show evidence of safety statistics on previous projects.
(Be specific as to the amount and type of software and/or hardware knowledge required and the proficiency level of skills required, i.e., basic, intermediate, or advanced)
• Ability to use an advance desktop or personal computer loaded with Windows XP as an operating system, and above average ability to use and navigate Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel as packages.
• Should have an understanding of utilizing emails for communication, and using search engines on the internet. Should show reasonable capability in using a computer keyboard and typing in English.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES:
• Proven contract management skills are essential requirement for the position, ability to develop and apply new technologies.
• Understanding of technical terms and words, material equipment, tools, common services, machinery used in construction projects.
• Should be a skilled negotiator; must possess good inter-personal and persuasive skills, must be a team leader with good motivation skills, assertive nature and demonstrated ability to apply logical & analytical thought process for day to day problems.
• Knowledge of suppliers, sub contractors and previous contract with them in the local market place.
• A good team player with an imaginative, proactive approach with strong interpersonal skills will be required.
• Good communicator at all levels.
The CM may be required to work long hours during urgent work situation.
Keyword: Construction Manager, Construction, Construction Management, construction projects, materials management