The Construction Manager is primarily responsible for establishing and managing the site construction management organization. In this capacity, the position provides leadership in the performance of all activities related to the execution of construction work including contract administration, quality control, planning and cost control, materials management, office management, labor relations, security, safety, and accident prevention.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities include:
• The organization and direction of construction and all jobsite activities including subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and client nominated representatives.
• Establish and implement construction schedules, methods, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
• Control all jobsite expenditures for labor equipment, material and services and ensure that field operations are within the budget.
• Ensure project schedule and milestones are achieved.
• Plan and establish procedures in order to ensure that all construction and operations meet engineering designs and specifications as well as ensure that corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented.
• Maintain client relationships and participate in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
• Supervise & manage activities and report discrepancies to the Senior Project Manager.
• Provides management support, expert advice and develops solutions for issues faced by the departments in carrying out their role. Ensures that the organization functions within the applicable laws, regulations and approved industy practices.
• Required to perform analysis on engineering aspects, project status, financial health and administration management; interpret the information and reports, recommend and carry out approved changes in operation.
• Develops, modifies, implements and ensures the operation of systems, policies and procedures within the organization for smooth operations.
• Responsible for the identification, mobilization, placement, evaluation and appraisal of project teams; and termination of employment contracts between project team members and the company. Identifies Senior Project Manager for new/additional projects secured by the company.
• Responsible to achieve set targets in relation to Invoicing, Collection, and Performance & Productivity. Ensures that the cost budgets for each project is prepared and controlled strictly within acceptable parameters.
• Provides feedback to the sales team in relation to project estimates/price with data of actual quantities, material, supply, services and costs and pinpoints weaknesses in pricing and contract issues.
• Submit a project budget to OCM together with the project plan for time completion.
• Accompanied with the resources as required (material, labor, equipment, subcontractors) within One Month from contract award.
• Follow up submittal approval of drawings & Material with client and consultant.
• Raise invoices at 7th of the following month for all projects and follow up collection.
OTHER TASKS AS ASSIGNED
Responsibilities include other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an urgent work situation.