Manage and cover a range of activities which related design in construction projects from development to delivery. Responsible for the research, specification and design & drawings of the projects. They draw the complete outline coordinated designs of the mechanical, electrical & plumbing architecture.
Reports to: Manager Engineering
Responsible for: Draftsmen / CAD Operators
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Integrate various engineering element into unified design.
• Visualize the scope of work / client’s requirement to reality through drawings.
• Work closely with the other construction team in the organization including project managers, site engineers, and quantity surveyors to make sure that projected designs and drawings match their needs and are functional, safe and economical.
• Implement the International Building rules and regulation in all aspects of design.
• Consult and conduct meetings with client, consultant, contractors, sub-contractors and other external agencies for determining technical specifications, approvals, and obtaining statutory clearances.
• Responsible for site visit to observe, evaluate and resolve the conflicts in construction activities.
• Advise the client on the practicality of certain design problems/ issues that may arise during the construction activities and adapting plans according to circumstances.
• Review tender drawings & tender plans for the preparations of shop drawings.
• Produce detailed workings drawings.
• Review and Verify structural general arrangement plans prepared by Cadman in coordination with other trades for submission & approval from consultants.
• Coordinate & discuss all GA plans with other disciplines, Resolving conflicts between structural, architectural, ID & MEP issues. Meetings with project Manager & site engineers whenever problem arise.
• Preparation of finishing schedule, estimated finishing material qualifiers
• Responsible for preparations of methods of statements for all works.
• Responsible for finishes, schedule of alternative approved materials like ceramic tiles & sanitary wares, segregating & preparing all contract plans related to finishes schedule for distributing to all sub contractors and enables them to prepare their coordinated shop drawings.
• Make necessary RFI if needed and if both the parties (sub contractors and general contractor) did not agreed what is to be done just to resolve conflict issues.
• Prepare Letters for technical issues to consultants, to provide engineers instructions (EI) if there is any design alteration in the project & for finishing material approval.
• Do sketch plans or details on sites if needed, preparing alternative proposals for fishes, matrix schedule for approval. Responsible for mock up plans, lists. Do research work if needed.
• Report to construction Manager & Manager Engineering for discussion & assisting, to resolve any claim issues and disseminate all information needed in the project.
• Supervise & Monitor all CAD draftsmen in their respective duties & responsibilities, giving instructions when conflicts arise. Coordinating with the execution team to maintain the quality.
• Responsible for preparation of all relevant drawings for subcontractors & suppliers quotations based on the scope of work given to them.
• Support the tendering division with all the issues related to drawings with sketches, draft drawings etc.